This multi-session course is designed to help you evaluate potential land or sea-based businesses and understand the core concepts of business planning including: market research, marketing, funding, financial record keeping and sustainability. Successful completion of this course qualifies students for USDA Farm Service Agency Borrower Training Credit.
- Zoom meetings, Thursday 5:00–7:00 p.m., October 5 – December 14
Note: Participants should plan to spend approximately 3 hours/week on additional asynchronous coursework required.
Course format and completion:
- Complete readings, videos, quizzes and assignments in Brightspace (online learning platform)
- Attend 10 two hour Zoom sessions, Thursdays, 5 – 7 pm
- Write a draft business plan
- Give a brief business financial presentation
- Complete a one-on-one meeting with one of our business coaches
This training program is offered on a sliding scale (self-selected). We strive to make the training accessible and affordable for all Maine residents.
- $250: Full price: Suggested for those who can afford the full course fee.
- $175: 30% discount: Suggested for those who can afford 60% of the full course fee. Discount code: 30_bp4p
- $100: 60% discount: Suggested fee for participants for whom the full course fee would prove a barrier. Discount code: 60_bp4p
*Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if these payment options still prove a barrier for participation.
Basics of writing your business plan including:
- Market analysis
- Marketing strategies
- Financial planning
- Leveraging resources
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, or would like to discuss any other barriers to participation, please email email@example.com or call Rebecca Long at 207.743.6329 or 800.287.1482 (in Maine) to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 10 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however all requests will be considered.